Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: N800D question about hi-frequency attenuation...

  1. #1
    gakere
    Guest gakere's Avatar

    Hello all,

    The N800D X-over has selectable HF attenuation; does anyone know at what frequency the roll-offs correspond to at the specific points? Also, does anyone suggest a "sweet spot" so to speak for any of the settings (0 thru 4) This is strictly home use, so I'm thinking no attenuation would make the most sense...

    Also one more question if I may. What is positive versus negative at the input terminals of the X-over?

    This is only temporary, as I'm saving up for 2 decent amps to bi-amp the A7's

    Best regards,
    Pat

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Fitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    201
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If I am not mistaken, the HF attenuation applies to the entire HF range which in your case would be from 800 Hz up. I find the use of the attenuation is largely dependent on your room characteristics and there is no one all purpose "sweet spot" setting to use.

    What I try to do is listen to sounds at the crossover frequency and attenuate the output from the horn so that the horn is equal in loudness to the output from the woofer at the crossover point.

    Regards,

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.